Interventional Pain Management
Comprehensive Pain Treatment in Newark, New Jersey
Newark Rehabilitation Center
Dr. Jose Colon, MD and his expert team of board certified/university trained medical doctors and licensed physical therapists have long provided premium orthopedic, pain management, acupuncture and occupational/physical therapy services to the New York/New Jersey metro area.We are a division of “The Rehabilitation Medicine Group,” a premier medical specialty practice for the care of all muscular and skeletal injuries or conditions such as sports injuries, car accident injuries, work related injuries, arthritis and other conditions that affect your bones, muscles and tendons.
An Effective Pain Management Approach
- You—your pain, expectations and treatment goals.
- Precise diagnosis—our doctors specialize in precision diagnostics. An accurate diagnosis is the first step to an effective and efficient treatment plan.
- Provide patient-friendly educational materials, including illustrative videos to help you learn about spinal anatomy, conditions and treatments.
- Interventional pain management. Instead of masking pain, we “intervene” to stop and manage pain while you heal.
- Functional rehabilitation. Physical therapy helps you regain and build flexibility, strength and endurance.
- Be available to answer all your questions and address each concern.
Our Goals are Straightforward
Physical therapy (PT) is functional rehabilitation. Therapies help relieve symptoms, such as shoulder pain, back inflammation, joint stiffness, and other causes of pain. PT offers many benefits, including increasing your body's flexibility, range of motion, strength, and endurance. Furthermore, you learn about biomechanics—how to protect your body. Physical therapy offers you the opportunity to improve your functional abilities and quality of life. Read more about physical therapy. Our doctors and your physical therapist work together to make sure your individualized PT program starts you at a comfortable level. As you progress, aspects of your therapy change to meet and challenge your improving levels of function. We want to make sure you acquire a level of physical ability and fitness to go about your activities of daily living, such as full- or part-time work.